During the 2018 Advent season (four weeks leading up to Christmas), Church of the Epiphany is going to be journeying the Way of Love as we prepare for the coming of the Christ on Christmas morning. We invite you to join us as we journey through the first two chapters of the Gospel of Luke.
Pray – 6:00PM
We will begin each Wednesday evening with a short prayer service (15-20 minutes) in the chapel. The service is a Taize inspired service with sung and spoken prayers.
Bless – 6:15PM
After praying together, we will share in fellowship and faith in a shared meal of simple soup suppers. You are invited to join us for supper as we prepare to journey The Way of Love!
Learn – 6:45PM
After supping together, we will enter into the Advent journey and explore The Way of Love in small and large group discussions. Our journey will include:
- November 28: The Annunciation: Saying “Yes” to the Journey
- Children’s program: Hope: Jesus is coming, Prepare Ye The Way!
- December 5: Mary and Elizabeth: Journeying with Family and Friends
- Children’s program: Love: Journey to Bethlehem
- December 12: The Birth of John the Baptist: Journeying with Community
- Children’s program: Joy: The angels sang a message of Joy!
- December 19: The Birth of Jesus: Journeying with the World
- Children’s Program: Peace: “Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men”
Go – 7:45PM
Our time together will end promptly at 7:45pm when we are being sent into the world to share our Advent journey with others that we know. Each participant will receive a weekly Advent calendar to help us practice The Way of Love over the course of the week.